L & T Case Study
Unskilled laborers not following safety precautions and getting injured in construction site is one of the major challenge faced by all construction companies including Larsen & Toubro (L&T). The losses (life, time & material) are huge due to this.
On-site job training is an expensive & time consuming exercise and traditional room type training using video/pictures are not just doing the job in embedding the seriousness of safety. L&T was looking for a solution that solves both – cheaper and at the same time very impactful.
L&T considers the safety of its employees as its highest criteria. So what’s the solution to fix it?
L&T choose to partner n collaborate with one of the leading provider of Virtual Reality [VR] technology in the world, InGage Technology to help them create real time scenarios of VR Experience that will enable training and educate safety features for workers very efficiently. The VR training has several real life scenarios that in turn takes the user through the experience meanwhile accessing their reaction, thereby avoiding the repetition of the mistakes at the site.
- Google cardboard based solution: For portability, cost effectiveness and ease of deployment at remote places
- Pre Installed app on Android device
Out of the Box
Case Study Summary
- For unskilled labour training campaign, L&T partnered with InGage technology to create stunning VR Experience for job training with complete safety precautions.
- The result is 100% user real time experiences.
- Scenic view and realistic environment to make the experience as real as possible.
- Brand Awareness 75% 75%
- Website Traffic 55% 55%
- Enquiries 55% 55%
- Campaign Effectiveness 95% 95%
The Results Were Amazing
- Fatality rate is almost zero
- Safety awareness is increased by 90%
- Safety training cost reduced by 60%
- Accessibility of training is increased by 7x [ as L&T VR is portable and works offline, we can set up the training even in remote areas]
- Training thru VR increased the recall factor of workmen by 5x times
- Training provided in language of convenience which enhances learning rate.le.
L&T using VR to train their workmen paved raving response. Based on the response the project is also being made for PC based VR to provide next level of interactive immersive experience.
No 9, 2nd Floor,
Taramani Link Road,
Velachery, Chennai – 42.
Phone: +91 9840834132